We arrived at the airport at 4:45 am only to be told the plane had mechanical trouble. We were told it would be at least 4 hours until departure. Rather than sticking around the airport, we decided to head back to Pouli and Yaya's house. I proceeded to get in one if my best study sessions in weeks!
A few other highlights from the day:
* The airline ticket agent, Phillip, told my Dad that he raised wonderful daughters. He also knows TSA officer Moeller (aka Meggie). Apparently, we were the nicest people he'd encountered all day.
* The restaurant had a veggie burger on the menu.
* The pilot said "hunky-dory"
* I got to hold hands with my sweet boy during take-off.
When we did FINALLY get on the plane, the flight went a liitle something like this:
"Why certainly miss flight attendant, I would love a glass of red wine. And you have a vegan Mediterranean snack pack for a mere $6...why yes, I will take one. What's that? It has olives in a foil pack and dark chocolate that I can eat with my complimentary wine? Does life get any better?"
Oh wait, it does. I got to close my eyes for a short snooze after my tapas smorgasbord. I call this vacation!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone