Yep. I forgot that is was our 12th anniversary this weekend. Whoops-a-daisy.
To help you understand (and make myself feel a little better) I'll list some of the things that are going on.
- Last Monday my best friend, Keely, lost her Mom. It has been absolutely heartbreaking for everyone who knew her. I'm pretty sure that every other thought I've had for the past week has been about them and the grief of losing a wife, mother, and amazing Nana.
- It was Vivian's 1st birthday on Friday. We ended up celebrating on Monday because Stella and Hudson weren't going to be here on her actual birthday.
- Stella & Hudson weren't here because they went to Arizona with Pouli & YaYa! Just a little bit of packing, preparing and taking to the airport to do for that.
- Vivian had an audiology appointment to get fitted for new ear molds.
- We had a walk-through of the same daycare/preschool where Vivi goes to see if it would work for Hudson to go there this fall.
- Vivi started crawling!!!
- After weeks of foot pain, I went to the doctor for an x-ray. Bunions! Yippee! Custom orthotics here we come! Goodbye to all my super cute dress shoes. Ergh. Not only that, but I'd been favoring my large toe for the past few weeks which changed the way I was walking, which led to a grossly swollen knee and almost no mobility or range of motion for about 5 days. The advice I got was to take ibuprofen (that I can do), rest (iffy) and elevate and ice it multiple times a day for 20 minutes each time (are you kidding?)
- I am supposed to take my second CFP module exam this Tuesday. I'm supposed to be studying an average of 20 hours per week which of course I haven't been because of all the other things, so now I am seriously cramming.
- I'd decided that this would be the perfect weekend to try a juice only "reboot." This means that we spent last week weaning ourselves off of caffeine, meat, dairy and refined sugars and flour. We have done okay, but definitely modified it a little to include a few meals. Today we made a juice for lunch that had beets, radishes, a jalapeno and a bunch of other veggies. It was the most disgusting thing I have EVER had. I"m getting the shakes just thinking about it. I have to say that I am very proud of Aaron for even trying to choke it down. However, I do feel very good - light, alert and only a little hungry.
- We are meeting Pouli, Yaya and the kids in Boise this coming weekend for a reception for Zach and Lori. Just a couple things to pack and prepare for that one.
- What am I forgetting???...hmmmm...oh yeah!- 12 years ago today I married my best friend - Happy Anniversary, Aaron!
*That cake would not be on the list of acceptable foods for my juice reboot. However, I'm pretty sure that I weigh less right now than I did on my wedding day.