Saturday, December 31, 2011

Build-A-Bear Workshop

I fully admit, it was a moment of weakness.  Vivian's hearing test went well, it was the holidays...

I'd never been in a Build-A-Bear Workshop before.  We don't have one in Bozeman.  The kids and I went in to check it out at Rimrock Mall in Billings while Mr. Yost was feeding Vivian her bottle after our lunch.  We looked around a little and I thought I was going to be super tough.  I had Mommy nerves of steel that would allow me to say "no" to any pleas for building a bear.  

Then we watch other kids getting their chosen animals stuffed.  The nice lady doing the stuffing has them pick out a heart to put into their animal.  She tells them cute things like "rub it on your muscles to make your bunny strong" and "rub it on your belly so he'll feel better after all the doggy treats you'll feed him" and "close your eyes, hug it and make a wish for your new friend." 

I was mush.  

So, back to the front of the store we went to have them pick their animal.  I honestly don't even remember if the kids asked for one.  At that point I couldn't bear (no pun intended) leaving the store without one. 

What is funny is that both kids picked animals that weren't bears.  A dog for Stella and a bunny for Hudson.
 Hudson getting his stuffed.
 The next station after the stuffing is giving them a "bath".  It is a an air sprayer that blows their fur all around while they brush them.

 All stuffed and washed and ready for some clothes.
 Stella picked this outfit first, but later changed to a pink shirt with sequins.  She really wanted the outfits that had full dresses and shoes and purses, etc.  But see, I really WAS tough.  Just one shirt was all each of them got. (The bows were free.)
 Vivian liked Build-A-Bear Workshop too!
 When you check out, you get a "house" for your animal to go home in.  Seriously, the marketing is great.  On the way out the door, Mr. Yost was goading me with things like, "What happened to the Purge Princess?" and "This doesn't seem like something a Minimalist Mama would do" and "Didn't you just make the kids give away like 1,241 stuffed animals?"
Yeah, he was right. But it was worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww....Seeing those pictures, I would have caved too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! My kids aren't really into stuffed animals, but they both loved doing Build-a-Bear. Hudson's bunny looks like the same one Alaric picked...who is, by the way, creatively named "Bunny." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! And the pic of Viv - hysterical! It sounds like all of you had fun. Yay!

    ReplyDelete